FINALLY getting around to my oatmeal recipes! So ill give you guys my basic use for my base than I will go to the variations from there!
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal or oat bran
- 1 banana
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 packet or truvia or natural sweetener (equivalent to 1 tbsp of sugar i think)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any other milk) 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Boil 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of milk and add in oats
- Quickly and consistently whisk oats until they are thickened.
- Once thickened remove from heat and place in a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well and thoroughly (especially the cinnamon!)
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the oats to thicken and let the flavours soak in!
Here are some variations for the topping for you guys!
- Baked Apple Oatmeal: instead of putting banana in the base have pre-baked apples to stir into oats (bake a bunch of apples with lemon juice and cranberries and let them sit in the oven on 350 until soft, sprinkle with cinnamon nd sugar as well!) and you can add 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs to the base to flavor it up and provide what tastes and flavors the oats like a crust to an apple pie! Add in apples one you are done stirring in all the ingredients into the oats, don’t over mix so that it becomes like apple sauce! top with baked walnuts of almond butter :)
- Berry Bonanza Oatmeal: microwave base of oatmeal, slice up any available berries you have (i usually do blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries) and microwave them for 40-50 seconds until juice comes from the berries but not to melted so that the berries get all shriveled! Place them on top of your warm base and place a dollop of nut butter and than microwave for 30 seconds so that the nut butter gets all melty :)
- Chocolate Cherry Bomb: keep the regular base oatmeal but replace almond milk for coconut milk and add 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder to the base and a bit of extra sugar. Melt pitted cherries in the microwave and top with toasted coconut and a bit more dusted cocoa powder and honey
- Fig Strawberry Oats: Melt figs and strawberries until juicy and put on oats with a drizzle of honey and add some nutmeg and cloves to the base
- Banana Blueberry Cherry Muffin Oats: let the base of the oatmeal sit over night with 2 tbsp of almond milk sitting on top. In the morning microwave oats and mix in the milk after you microwave ti for 20-30 seconds and you will realize the oats are much thicker and smell much more flavorful. Melt blueberries on top and roast cherries in the pan with some vanilla bean and honey and top your oats off with some cashew butter is my favorite on these!
- Mango Strawberry Coconut Oats: Add chopped mango and strawberries in the microwave until there is a slight juice, top on oats with toasted coconut and melted sun butter :)
I can not wait to try the Baked Apple one or any of them really
100 Reasons to Exercise Now
Because it makes you feel confident
Because it helps you get stronger
Because exercise helps combat depression
Because you’ll feel proud of yourself
Because you have goals you want to reach
Because you’ll feel bad if you don’t
Because you want to move forward, not backward
Because it burns more calories than not working out
Because it improves your heart health
Because you want a great butt
Because it prevents diabetes
Because you want to be a good example to your kids
Because you want to feel good in your clothes
Because it reduces your risk of cancer
Because your body was made to move
Because you want to be an athlete
Because you want to look better
Because it lifts your mood
Because you want to stand taller
Because it reduces back pain
Because it feels good
Because it makes you feel accomplished
Because you spend most of your day on your butt
Because swimsuit season is always coming
Because strong is the new skinny
Because dieting only works so much
Because it strengthens your bones, too
Because it helps you lose weight
Because it allows you to eat more food
Because it’s the best way to spend “me” time
Because it helps you de-stress
Because it’s cheaper than therapy
Because you want a strong core
Because you want to take care for yourself
Because you take pride in your body
Because it strengthens your legs
Because it helps your clothes fit better
Because you want to push yourself
Because you are capable of more than you ever imagined
Because moving your body feels good
Because it keeps your mind sharp
Because it helps you beat belly bloat
Because it helps you sleep better at night
Because it gives you energy
Because you want to stay healthy as you age
Because you want to look younger
Because you want toned arms
Because it improves your balance
Because it burns off last night’s dessert
Because it boosts your immune system
Because sweat is sexy
Because you want to live longer
Because you want to get better at your game
Because you want to catch someone’s eye
Because exercisers earn more money
Because you’re more likely to eat better when you exercise
Because you want to shave time off your running pace
Because you want to breathe easier
Because you want to see the scale drop
Because exercise improves your sex life
Because you are worth it
Because being fit makes everything in life better
Because you promised yourself that you would
Because you deserve a better life
Because it’ll help you drink more water
Because you want to do real push-ups
Because it reduces your health care costs
Because you’ll miss fewer days of work
Because you want to create a new future for yourself
Because it’ll help you like what you see in the mirror
Because it makes clothing shopping more fun
Because you want to look and feel incredible
Because exercising can be fun
Because it’ll give your skin a glow
Because it’s a good way to spend time with your friends
Because it’ll help you prevent the middle-age spread
Because it reduces your blood pressure
Because you don’t want to let yourself go
Because you don’t want to squeeze into an airplane or rollercoaster seat
Because it strengthens your spirit
Because it’s a cheap way to entertain yourself
Because you’ll be able to reward yourself
Because you need a reason to wear those new workout clothes
Because you’re tired of being tired
Because not working out is not going to get you very far
Because it’s a great way to spend time outside
Because you made a commitment to yourself
Because you’re tired of starting over
Because there will always be another wedding, vacation or reunion
Because you’re not a quitter
Because it improves your cholesterol
Because it boosts your metabolism
Because it prevents age-related muscle loss
Because if you can do this, you can do anything
Because a fit body is a healthy body
Because it beats sitting on the couch
Because everyone has at least 10 minutes to spare
Because you want to be stronger than your excuses
Because not working out isn’t working out for you
Because the only workout you ever regret is the one you skip
Which reason resonates with you? Do you have any reason to work out that didn’t make the list? Share yours in the comments below!
because i’m a fuckin beast ?
I know a lot of my followers aren’t vegetarian or vegan (which is totally fine)
But this video always makes me tear up and it just breaks my heart.
A sentient creature, afraid and alone. It knows its going to die.
but a burgers totally worth it right? fuck you guys
non-violent, non-bloody video. if you’re eating meat & dairy you should watch this.
When it tries to turn around I lost my shit. </3
The Abs Have It
One of the biggest motivations for any workout is getting the ab definition of a goddess, but it’s pretty tough to navigate just how to get there. This crash course in washboard workouts will have you sweating and crunching in no time [and nearly all of them are free! More money for this, I suppose]. Enjoy!
Sparkpeople 15-Minute Abs Workout
Tara Stiles Yoga for Strong Abs
Sadi Nardini Ab Transformer
Sadi Nardini Yoga for Core Strength
Body Rock Kissable Abs
Body Rock Epic Abs
Fitness Model Abs Workout
Victoria’s Secret Abs Workout
SarahFit Endless Summer Abs
HULU FITNESS CHANNEL WORKOUTS
Envy Girls Abs of Envy
SELF Firm Flat Abs Fast!
Exercise TV Incredible Abs
Jillian Michael’s Mini Workouts: Abs
‘The Situation’s’ Ab Workout [jk. kind of.]
Jillian Michaels Six-Week Six-Pack
Crunch-Free Extreme Abs
Pilates Workout for Abs
Yoga for Fit Abs DVD
ONLINE PRINTABLE WORKOUTS
Lady Gaga’s Ab Workout
Sadi Nardini Ab Transformer
Women’s Health Flat Abs Workout
FitSugar Ab Workout
12 Foods for a Flat Belly
Eating to Flatten Your Stomach
Jillian Michaels on Abs
[Originally posted on MatchstickMolly.com]
BAKED OATMEAL WITH STRAWBERRIES, BANANA AND CHOCOLATEIngredients
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, chopped
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, peeled, 1/2-inch slicesMethod
- Preheat oven to 375°F and generously spray the inside of a 10-1/2 by 7 inch baking dish with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, baking powder, orange zest, Chinese five spice, salt, half the walnuts, half the strawberries and half the chocolate. (Save the other half of strawberries, walnuts and chocolate for the top of the oatmeal). In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat mixture to prepared baking dish. Arrange the remaining strawberries, walnuts and chocolate on top. Add the banana slices to the top then pour the milk mixture over everything. Gently shimmy/shake the baking dish to help the milk mixture go throughout the oats.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is nicely golden brown and the milk mixture has set. For an extra tasty top, sprinkle a tablespoon or so of extra brown sugar on top then place back in the oven under the broiler and broil for 20-30 seconds. Serve warm with an extra sprinkle of sugar or drizzle of maple syrup. (source)
OMG need to make this
How the Grinch Stole Fitness
Down in Fit-ville
Liked lifting a lot…
But the Grinch,
Who lived just north of Fit-ville,
The Grinch hated Lifting! The whole fitness season!
Now, please don’t ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be his head wasn’t screwed on just right.
It could be, perhaps, that his pants were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his dumbbells was 3 sizes too small.
Whatever the reason,
His weights or his lifts,
He stood there on Lifting eve, hating the Fits,
Staring down from his cave with a sour frown
At the warm lighted gyms below in their town.
For he knew every Fitblr down in Fit-ville below
Was preparing now, for tomorrows dumbbell rows
“And their dead hang pull ups!” he snarled with a sneer.
“Tomorrow is Lifting! It’s practically here!”
Then he growled, with his fingers nervously drumming,
“I MUST find some way to stop Lifting from coming!”
Tomorrow, he knew…
..All the Fit girls and boys
Would wake bright and early. They’d rush to their fitness toys!
And then! Oh, the noise! Oh, the Noise! Noise! Noise! Noise!
That’s one thing he hated! The NOISE! NOISE! NOISE! NOISE!
Then the Fitzens, young and old, would sit down to a healthy feast.
And they’d feast! And they’d feast!
And they’d FEAST!
They would feast on Fit-whey, and rare Fit-oats-beast
Which was something the Grinch couldn’t stand in the least!
They’d do something
He liked least of all
Every Fitzen down in Fit-ville, the tall and the small,
Would stand close together, with dumbbells ringing.
They’d stand hand-in-hand. And the Fits would start squatting!
They’d SQUAT! And they’SQUAT!
And they’d SQUAT! SQUAT! SQUAT! SQUAT!
And the more the Grinch thought of these Fit-Lifting-Squats,
The more the Grinch thought, ‘I must stop these deep squats!”
“Why, for thirty-three years I’ve put up with it now!
“I MUST stop the Lifting from coming!
Then he got an idea!
An awful idea!
GOT A WONDERFUL, AWFUL IDEA!
“I know just what to do!” The Grinch laughed in his throat.
And he bought a bottle of diet pills and steroids.
And he chuckled, and clucked, “What a great fitness ruse!
“With these pills and fat burners., I’ll look just like a Fitblr too!”
“All I need is a barbell…”
The Grinch looked around.
But, since barbells are scarce, there was none to be found.
Did that stop the old Grinch…?
NO! The Grinch simply said,
“If I can’t find a bench, I’ll use the squat rack instead!”
So he strapped on his belt and to the squat rack he went
He loaded one plate and curled with all his might, back bent.
He loaded some oats
And some old diet plans
Into the backseat
Of his moms minivan
Then the Grinch said, “Giddap!”
And the van started down
Toward the homes where the Fitblrs
Lay a-snooze in their town.
All their windows were dark. Quiet snow filled the air.
All the Fits were all dreaming sweet dreams without care
When he came to the first little house on the square.
“This is stop number one,” the old Grinch hissed
And he climbed to the roof, empty bags in his fist.
Then he slid down the chimney, with a flop and a flail.
But, if Firblrs could do it, then so could the Grinch.
He got stuck only once, for a moment or two.
Then he stuck his head out of the fireplace flue
Where the little progress pictures all hung in a row.
“Their treadmills,” he grinned, “are the first things to go!”
Then he slithered and slunk, with a smile most unpleasant,
Around the whole room, and he took everything present!
Benches! And Bicycles! Fish Oils! Weights!
Barbells! Supplements! Dumbbells! And Plates!
And he stuffed them in bags. Then the Grinch, very nimbly,
Stuffed all the bags, one by one, up the chimney!
Then he slunk to the icebox. He took the Fits’ feast!
He took the Fit-Whey! He took the Oats Beast!
He cleaned out that icebox as quick as a flash.
Why, that Grinch even stole their last can of Fit-hash!
Then he stuffed all the healthy food up the chimney with glee.
“And NOW!” grinned the Grinch, “I will stuff up the machines!”
And the Grinch grabbed the Machines, and he started to shove
When he heard a small sound like the coo of a dove.
He turned around fast, and he saw a small Fit!
Little Cindy-Lou Fit, who just got done with her three day split.
The Grinch had been caught by this tiny Fit daughter
Who’d got out of bed for a cup of cold water.
She stared at the Grinch and said, “Fitblr Claus, why,
“Why are you taking our Smith Machine? WHY?”
But, you know, that old Grinch was so smart and so slick
He thought up a lie, and he thought it up quick!
“Why, my sweet little tot,” the fake Fitlbr Claus lied,
“There’s a cable on this machine that won’t lift on one side.
“So I’m taking it home to my workshop, my dear.
“I’ll fix it up there. Then I’ll bring it back here.”
And his fib fooled the child. Then he patted her head
And he got her a drink and he sent her to bed.
And when Cindy-Lou Fit went to bed with her cup,
He went to the chimney and stuffed the Machine up!
Then the last thing he took
Was the log for their fire!
Then he hobbled up the chimney, himself, the fat liar.
On their walls he left nothing but hooks and some wire.
And the one speck of healthy food
That he left in the house
Was a crumb that was even too small for a mouse.
He did the same thing
To the other Fits’ houses
Much too small
For the other Fit mouses!
It was quarter past dawn…
All the Fits, still a-bed,
All the Fits, still a-snooze
When he packed up his Van,
Packed it up with their Oats! The Protein! The Medicine Balls!
The Squat Racks! And the Belts! The Straps! The Pictures of Fitspo off the Walls!
Three thousand feet up! Up the side of Mt. Crumpit,
He rode with his load to the tiptop to dump it!
“Pooh-Pooh to the Fits!” he was Grinch-ish-ly humming.
“They’re finding out now that no gains are coming!
“They’re just waking up! I know just what they’ll do!
“Their mouths will hang open a minute or two
“Then the Fitblrs down in Fit-ville will all cry BOO-HOO!
“That’s a noise,” grinned the Grinch,
“That I simply MUST hear!”
So he paused. And the whale put his hand to his ear.
And he did hear a sound rising over the snow.
It started in low. Then it started to grow…
But the sound wasn’t sad!
Why, this sound sounded merry!
It couldn’t be so!
But it WAS merry! VERY!
He stared down at Fit-ville!
The whale popped his eyes!
Then he shook!
What he saw was a shocking surprise!
Every Fitblr down in Fit-ville, the tall and the small,
Was exercising! Without any weights at all!
He HADN’T stopped Lifting from coming!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!
And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling: “How could it be so?
“It came without Benches! It came without Plates!
“It came without Dumbbells, Barbells or Weights!”
And then he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before!
“Maybe Fitness,” he thought, “don’t come from a store.
“Maybe Lifting…perhaps…means a little bit more!”
And what happened then…?
Well…in Fit-ville they say
That the Grinch’s fat belly
Shrunk three sizes that day!
And the minute his pants didn’t feel quite so tight,
He wizzed with his load through the bright morning light
And he brought back the weights! And the food for the feast!
The Grinch carved the oats beast!
This is beautiful.